QMU LOGO Student Health Services


Click Link above for more information

All our services are provided for all students living in Tower Hamlets postcode E1, E2, E3, E14.

For students who live outside the practice area who wish to register. We provide all services apart from home visits. 

Please click on the link below for more information:

Out of Practice Area Registration

Register with us simply by completing the registration form available on request from the Student Health Service. The Student Health Service is located on the ground floor of the Geography Building. You can also register online under the online registration section on this page.

We also ask that all registering students complete a health check with the nurse.

scope_aple_heartThe Student Health Service is located in the Geography Building, you can see a Doctor or Nurse Mon-Fri during Term Time.

CLick on the Link below to register


We provide a full range of medical services including contraception, emergency contraception; sexual health advice and care; psychological counselling; substance misuse; and immunisation. We also care for long term conditions such as diabetes, asthma, epilepsy etc.

To access these services and other available services under the NHS, students should register with Globe Town Surgery at the Student Health Centre at the beginning of term.

If you are currently registered with a general practitioner (GP) in the UK or have been at any time in the past you will need to bring; either your NHS Medical Card or your GPs' name and your NHS number. 

This service is supported by GPs and nursing staff at Globe Town's main site.

We look forward to seeing you and taking care of your health needs

About the Student Health Service

vaccination9Globe Town Surgery provides a service for the Queen Mary University of London Student Health Service. 

Who is entitled to NHS treatment?

All UK residents, all students from a country with a reciprocal agreement, and any student who is studying in the UK for longer than 6 months are eligible to receive free treatment under the NHS.

Those who are NOT eligible for NHS treatment will still receive emergency treatment free. You can also consult the health centre GPs but will be charged. Consultation with specialists will also be charged. If you are studying for less than 6 months it is essential that you arrange adequate insurance cover before leaving your home country.

More information can be accessed at: 

Online Registration

UK patients can register online. Please click on the link below.

 Click Here

Overseas Patients can click here to register online.

Please give the date you arrive in the UK.  Please do not give us your OVERSEAS address. Please do NOT complete the last page.

Teaching and training

This is a teaching practice. Medical and nursing students sometimes sit in with the practice doctors and nurses. You will always be asked if you mind their presence at your consultation. If you don’t want a student to be present when you see the doctor or nurse, please tell our reception staff. You may also be asked to consent to your consultation being videoed as part of the training process. You can choose not to participate or ask that the video be turned off. Intimate examinations will not be videoed. All videos are confidential and will only be used in training and will be securely help and erased after use. Your help in training tomorrow's doctors is greatly valued.

Other available services

If it’s a minor illness (colds / flu etc) speak to a pharmacist or contact NHS Direct on 111 (where you can access health advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).

Minor injuries

For minor injuries such as sprains, cuts, grazes, bites and stings or infected wounds you can go to the Minor Injuries Unit at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. You do not need an appointment and waiting times are usually shorter than at A&E. The Minor Injuries unit is located at Giltspur Street. Maps and transport advice can be found at The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) or by calling 020 3465 5869.

Ambrose King Centre (sexual health)

The centre offers a free and confidential service for sexually transmitted infections and other genitourinary infections. They are based at the Royal London Hospital, For more information about this service, click here. Or contact them on 020 7377 7306.


Anyone living, studying or working in Tower Hamlets can access good-quality NHS dental services. Simply find a dental practice that's convenient for you, and contact them to make an appointment.

To find your nearest dentist please call the health hotline on 020 7364 5016 or search online at www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Dentists/LocationSearch/3

Out-of-hours Dental Service

For urgent dental problems outside of practice hours: 020 7377 7151
The service operates:
Monday to Friday from 6:30pm-10pm
Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-3pm
From 7:30am-8pm on bank holidays.

Alternatively a list of dentists can be found on the British Dental Association web site http://www.bda-findadentist.org.uk/

You will also find a list of doctors and dentists at your local library.

Opticians & Pharmacists

A list of opticians and pharmacies located close to the campus can be obtained from the Student Health Centre. Alternatively, you can also search for these services using the NHS Choices directory by following this link.

Serious & Emergency situations

For serious life threatening or critical conditions such as loss of consciousness, broken bones or persistent chest pain for 15 minutes or more dial 999 for an ambulance.

For a First Aider on campus please dial 3333

In Term time


telephone_brownMon - Fri
9.00am - 5.00pm
020 7882 8710

5.00pm - 6.30pm
020 8980 3023
Closed Thu from 1pm

Outside Term time


Mon - Fri
8.45am - 1pm and 2pm - 6.30pm
020 8980 3023
Closed Thu from 1pm

You will be seen at Globe Town Surgery, 82 - 86 Roman Road, London E2 0PJ

When both surgeries are closed

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website